Friday, December 19, 2008

discrimination at its best (lin keong)

Hey it’s me again. I am going to blog about the recent pc fair at KLCC.


I went there on Friday to scout the prices and on Sunday to buy what I want all alone (so sad! nobody wants to go with me)


Without much thought, I just wore the clothes I always wear to sleep and a pair of trusty slippers.


Dressed up like that and armed with RM2000 in the pocket (ehehe why dress like rich man but pocket empty), I headed into the pc fair at klcc, I know people must be looking at me because of the "plain"ness of my dressing.


With a big leapt I stepped into the pc fair hall, wow its busy like the wet market, promoters shouting for last day offers.


Innocent me just kept on strolling. Then I notice something, Lo and Behold, the discrimination. I walked through the booths, nobody bothered to serve me and no one even bothered to pass me the brochures.


T.T tsk tsk. Sad. Most of the booth didnt even bother when I stood in front of it. To name a few: Samsung, Manli, Sony,


Still there were some companies which were good and kind to a poor chap like me. The beautiful ladies at the Dell booth were kind enough to pass me brochures which I declined politely (at least they offered).


Then there was this auntie at the Konica Minolta booth who explained in great length and detail about the laser printer which eventually convinced me to buy it instead of getting an inkjet printer. Spent RM700 here.



After getting the printer, the problem comes (omg why keep on getting new problems *dizzy*). The thing weighs roughly 25KGs and my car is parked some few hundred (maybe few KMs) away (at the Bangunan Getah Asli). I had to cross 6 lanes of fast traffic and another 4 lanes of fast traffic. Almost got hit by some cars and there were puddles of water everywhere. Worst part is my slippers fell off when I was crossing. Somehow I survived to tell the story.


At the car another problem crops up, my remote just died on me I can't open the car door (OH NOOOOS!). Some knocking and shaking it and it was working again after 10 minutes (sweating profusely). The printer was too big to fit the boot, grrr, had to fit it at the back passenger seat.


Next I went in again (its already 8.20) to get the other things that I wanted, a camera. Asked around a few booths was aiming for olympus p60 but sadly no longer in production, asked for fujifilm s1000 but too little functions. Last resort went to test the Canon Ixus and the Powershot A590, decided to get the A590 instead (cheap and multitude of functions). Spent RM600 and here pops up a new problem, had to claim the free gift from the canon redemption counter.
Where is that? Clueless and running out of time, luckily I found it. The queue was so long. Almost died from standing (XD exagerration OK?).


Before I left KLCC I decided to get some doughnuts at dunkin doughnuts. Weird thing happened here, the cashier said miss. I looked at him for awhile and then he corrected himself (oops sorry sir). I think this is the n-th time I have been called miss or wrongly identified (I think most people are blind) will tell you more on future post.


Huuuu, what a tired day it is and I havent even eaten dinner yet. Rushed back to cheras ate dinner around 10pm.


Lesson to be learned for sales promoter: Don't judge a book by its cover, people can dress in old rags but they may have 6-7 digits in their savings account (not me XD). See those booth that didn't bother about me did not get any sales from me, why serve people who dress rich but do not buy anything from you?




PS: Pardon my arrogance but it is the true account of what happened. The truth hurts huhu...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

must be your face problemmmmmmmmmmmmmm lor! :D
joking~ oo ic.. so rich someone, bought new camera and new printer.
ahaks. better go cut your hair lor.